Palliative Care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing life-threatening illness.
Metro Palliative Care helps you carry on with your daily life. It improves your ability to go through medical treatments and helps you better understand your condition and choices for medical care.
Who can benefit from Palliative Care?
Candidates for Palliative Care include patients who:
- Have chronic, progressive, or complex medical condition(s)
- Have pain or troubling symptoms that are not well controlled
- Have difficulty managing the complexity of their medical problems
- Have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and need support with decision making and treatment goals
- Have experienced multiple visits to the emergency room or re-admissions to the hospital in the past six months for the same issues
Works with your doctor to manage pain and other symptoms
- Clarifies your goals for care and quality of life and explores treatment options
- Assists in getting you optimal symptom management and support regarding care issues and options
- Works with the course of the illness, rather than a specific end goal, while building a relationship that can be sustained as your condition or illness changes
- Works with you to transition to alternative care, when and if necessary